Nina Condo (Executive Director at Elmwood Community Resource Centre) was kind enough to share a list of resources that she has compiled for those interested in learning more about anti-black racism and tools to combat it.
From there, MANSO has added some additional resources through suggestions from other community groups/ organizations that want to enrich this resource list. If you have any suggestions for edits or comments, please feel free to let us know at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Pretty Good Design Blog – Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup (written by Katrina Michie)
- Video: Shakespeare & Company Present Reni Eddo-Lodge on Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race (approx. 1 hour)
- Video/Documentary: The Skin I’m In – Acclaimed journalist Desmond Cole explores what it is to be Black in 21st century Canada. Do Black Lives Matter here? (approx 44 min)
- Video: Kimberle Crenshaw on Intersectionality at Women of the World Festival 2016 (approx. 30 min.)
- Movie: Stuart Hall: Representation & the Media (55 min)
- Centre for Racial Justice in Education– Resources for Talking about Race, Racism and Racialized Violence with Kids
- National Association for the Education of Young Children – Becoming Upended: Teaching and Learning about Race and Racism with Young Children and Their Families
- Tolerance.org – A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Corona Virus
- Medium – Maintaining Professionalism In The Age of Black Death Is….A Lot
- Medium – I’m White and I’m Outraged by Ahmaud Arbery’s Murder. Now What?
- The Conversation – Green Book highlights the problems of ‘driving while black’, both then and now
- Fingerprint for Success – What so many get wrong about racism in the workplace
- Teach.com: How to Address Trauma Related to Curriculum Violence
- Online MSW Program: How to Teach Kids About Race
- College Consensus: 135 Racial Equity Resources For Education, Professional & Community Development, Health, And Civil Rights
- Nursing License Map – Anti-Racism Resources for Students and Professionals in Healthcare
- Purdue University Global – 6 top trends in DEi for 2022
- FingerprintForSuccess – Women of color in the workplace: The persistent obstacles and how you can rise to meet them
- Fernwood Publishing – Policing Black Lives by Robyn Maynard
Disclaimer: MANSO is sharing these resources for information purposes only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information, but we are making every effort to only provide information produced by trusted sources. We also do not promote or endorse any additional services offered on a third-party website.