Nina Condo (Executive Director at Elmwood Community Resource Centre) was kind enough to share a list of resources that she has compiled for those interested in learning more about anti-black racism and tools to combat it.
From there, MANSO has added some additional resources through suggestions from other community groups/ organizations that want to enrich this resource list. If you have any suggestions for edits or comments, please feel free to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Christina Pataialii’s Blog – Stuart Hall- Representation and the Media (September 2017)
- Pretty Good Design Blog – Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup (written by Katrina Michie)
- Video: Shakespeare & Company Present Reni Eddo-Lodge on Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race (approx. 1 hour)
- Video/Documentary: The Skin I’m In – Acclaimed journalist Desmond Cole explores what it is to be Black in 21st century Canada. Do Black Lives Matter here? (approx 44 min)
- Video: Kimberle Crenshaw on Intersectionality at Women of the World Festival 2016 (approx. 30 min.)
- Centre for Racial Justice in Education– Resources for Talking about Race, Racism and Racialized Violence with Kids
- National Association for the Education of Young Children – Becoming Upended: Teaching and Learning about Race and Racism with Young Children and Their Families
- Tolerance.org – A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Corona Virus
- Medium – Maintaining Professionalism In The Age of Black Death Is….A Lot
- Medium – I’m White and I’m Outraged by Ahmaud Arbery’s Murder. Now What?
- The Conversation – Green Book highlights the problems of ‘driving while black’, both then and now
- Sunshine Behavioral Health – Mental Health Issues Facing the Black Community in the United States
- Fernwood Publishing – Policing Black Lives by Robyn Maynard