Due to the increasing acts of racism, discrimination, and xenophobia experienced by Asian community members, other racialized groups, and newcomers in Manitoba, Immigration Partnership Winnipeg has launched the campaign “Manitobans: COVID-19 Doesn’t Discriminate. Nor Should You!” (Manitobain(e)s, La COVID-19 ne discrimine pas. Vous non plus !) in partnership with various organizations throughout Manitoba.
The three key objectives of the campaign:
- Bring awareness of the racism, discrimination and xenophobia experienced by Asian community members, other racialized groups and newcomers due to COVID-19, while condemning the association of COVID-19 with any ethnic or racial group;
- Provide information and tools for these community groups and the general public to stay safe and respond to acts of racism, discrimination and xenophobia; and
- Highlight the key role many of these community members play in Manitoba’s response to COVID-19 as essential workers.
The campaign actions include:
- Poster Campaign: We are encouraging Manitoba businesses and organizations to support our campaign by putting up our campaign posters (available in English or French). If you would like a poster, please fill out this form, and we will deliver the posters (for free) to you!
- Resource Development: We are developing informational resources for responding to racism and discrimination for both those who experience it and those who witness it.
- Information Sharing: We are sharing related information through our social media accounts
- Social Media Challenge: our #EssentialinMB social media campaign highlights newcomers/immigrants/refugees who are front-line workers and essential to Manitoba’s response to COVID-19.