The Violence Against Women Learning Network Newsletter (September 2018 issue) focuses on Violence against Immigration and Refugee Women.
The issue is a collaboration between OCASI and the Centre for Research and Education on Violence against Women and Children at Western University.
The issue aims to:
- Counter common misconceptions related to Intimate Parnter Violence (IPV)
- Examine experiences of IPV
- Consider the risk factors and vulnerabilities for IPV
- Highlight the barriers faced when seeking safety and accessing services and supports
- Share recommendations for successful violence prevention initiatives
Practitioners may also be interested in this resource, developed by the same partners, on Unlearning Islamophobia in anti-Violence Against Women Work.