Multilingual Resource: Basics of Tenant Insurance Brochure

Did you know that as a renter in Manitoba, your landlord’s home insurance won’t cover your belongings in the event of a fire, theft, or damage? You’re also responsible for any damage that you cause to your building and for any accidental injuries incurred by someone while visiting the property.

Even though you don’t own your rental, you still need to protect both yourself and your belongings while you live in it. Tenant’s insurance protects the contents of your apartment or other rental property against common forms of loss, like fire, burglary, and liability claims. It ensures that, if something were to happen in your rental, you — and your belongings — would be protected and covered.

With the funding from the Province of Manitoba, in January 2022, MANSO Housing Committee has compiled information and created this brochure to provide renters with useful information on tenant insurance. The brochure is available in English, French and Arabic, and can be used for printing and sharing for public education or non-monetary purposes.

Basics of Tenant Insurance (English) Basics of Tenant Insurance (French) Basics of Tenant Insurance (Arabic)