This is a free Hindi language Toolkit डिमेंशिया से ग्रस्त व्यक्ति से
The toolkit, created in simple conversational Hindi, includes 8 scenarios that family members/caregivers may encounter while caring for persons with dementia. These scenarios include interactions relating to trouble sleeping, aggression, reluctance to take a bath, repetition, anger, misinforming, and being in the past. For each scenario, an interaction is presented, followed by a narrator who comes in and discusses why the interaction was not ideal. The more ideal interaction is then presented followed again by the narrator highlighting why the second interaction was more ideal. The toolkit also includes links to credible resources on Dementia in Hindi.
The Toolkit can be freely accessible at this link:
Below are some English language educational materials on caring for persons with dementia from credible sources that can be used to translate or create educational content for culturally different groups.
- When Someone You Know Has Dementia: Practical Advice for Families and Caregivers
- The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People Who Have Alzheimer’s Disease, Related Dementias, and Memory Loss
- 10 Real-life Strategies for Dementia Caregiving
- Dementia Friendly Toolkit
- 10 Tips – How to Communicate with a Dementia Patient
- Toolkit for Dementia Care – Alzheimer’s Los Angeles
- Dementia toolkit for primary care – Caregiver Support