- This event has passed.
Workshop: LGBT2SQ+ Awareness at Rainbow Resource Centre
January 17, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This training provides information, cultural awareness and tools to build professional capacity on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. The workshop will be delivered by Muhammad Ahsan, of Rainbow Resource Centre.
Topics discussed include:
· Debunking myths and stereotypes of LGBT2SQ+ people and their families
· Using appropriate and supportive language
· Manifestations of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism
· How to appropriately respond to identity disclosure
· Other tools, strategies, and recommendations for positive change
This workshop is aimed at staff of MANSO members who work directly or indirectly with newcomers. MANSO member agencies may register up to two staff free-of-charge, and may add additional names to the waitlist. Waitlisted participants will be invited to register if there is still room on January 11th, 2018. Contact email@example.com for registration information.