MANSO Professional Development Day – Client Centred Care
October 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
MANSO’s Professional Development Committee is planning a one day professional development event focused on themes related to offering client-centred care.
The day will include opportunities for connection and networking with other frontline staff across the sector as well as workshops on:
- Facilitation skills (Jackie Hogue)
- Anti-racism (Fadi Ennab)
- Client-service provider-community helper relationships (Angela Lavallee)
- Offering barrier free service for those with disabilities or needs for accommodation (Heather Hiscock)
- Supporting Manitoba clients: Migrant Workers (Karen Hamilton & Diwa Marcelino)
- Supporting Manitoba clients: Refugee claimants (Ghezae Hagos Berhe)
- Mental health & trauma (Laura Coogan)
- Supporting Client Transitions (Roselyn Advincula)
Workshop descriptions are being finalized. All registered participants will be asked to select break-out workshops in advance of the event. A separate e-mail will be sent with this information.
This event is open to Regular and Friends of MANSO member agencies only. The cost of participation is $20/staff member. MANSO members may register up to three staff for the day by September 20th, 2019. If there is additional space, organizations may register additional individuals. To register, click here.
For those participating from outside of Winnipeg, MANSO has reserved a block of hotel rooms for a cost of $130/night plus taxes at the venue (Clarion Hotel at 1445 Portage Ave., Winnipeg). Participants must make their own reservations at the hotel by calling 1-204-774-5110 or 1-855-216-6393 by September 13th, 2019.
If cost is a barrier, MANSO has a PD Access Fund, member organizations may apply to (see details under MANSO Professional Development Policy).
Venue is wheelchair accessible. Other accessibility accommodations available on advance request.